LOCAL 3
Pueblo Firefighters Historical Society
Updated On: Apr 05, 2020

The Pueblo FireFighters Historical Society was started in 1995 by a group of Pueblo firefighters led by Captain Larry Bond. The Pueblo City Council gave the firefighters a loan of $17,000 to purchase Pueblo's first motorized fire truck, a 1911 American LaFrance Chemical Wagon. The loan was soon repaid with the help of donations from firefighters, the IAFF Local 3 fire union, and area businesses.

Pueblo FireFighters Historical Society Founder and Past President, Larry Bond. He is pictured with the 1911 American LaFrance Chemical Wagon when it was purchased.


Since that time, the Historical Society has become a 501(c)3 non-profit entity, and has acquired 4 additional fire apparatus that belonged to the Pueblo Fire Dept. as well as a Model T.  The Historical Society is still led by a group of Pueblo Firefighters who volunteer many hours to maintain and preserve our history. The majority of funding comes from voluntary donations by current firefighters in Pueblo. We currently own and operate the Pueblo Firefighters Historical Center at 116 N Main St, which serves as a banquet and meeting hall for our members and IAFF Local 3, and a showroom for our historic fire trucks. 

Pueblo Firefighters Historical Center

We also started managing the Hose Co. No. 3 Fire Museum in 2003, and continue to add artifacts and pictures of the Pueblo Fire Dept. and its firefighters. 


 


More Information:
Hose Co. No. 3
-
Contact Info
IAFF Local 3
116 N Main St
Pueblo, Colorado 81003
 

Top of Page image
Powered By UnionActive - Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.